Updated: 6th July 2018
C & C Accountancy & Taxation Services Limited cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our products and services (collectively, our “Services”). Your personal data includes information such as:
- Name and Email address (when you complete the Contact Us section)
- Your IP address along with date and times.
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach our equivalent of a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) and our dedicated team that supports this office by contacting us at email@example.com, This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust.
What information do we collect?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilise our Services. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
(1) Contact us initially to create an account or purchase any of our Services (eg: name, email and IP address (The IP address is purely used to analyse trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use. Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information);
(2) When you want to become a client, we need more information from you and will collect this when we meet with you, the nature of our services requires quite detailed information (eg. Name, Home Address,Business Address,Emails,Telephone (Fax,Mobile,Land,Other)NI,UTR, PAYE, DOB);
However, we also collect additional information when delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection will be made clear to you and will only be completed with your consent.
Other data collection will not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain below a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work:
Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, purchases, when products renew or expire, information requests, and customer service requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
This Website Will:
- Track the pages you visited via Google Analytics
This website will not
- Share any personal information with third parties.
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
How we utilise information.
We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These uses include:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you. We collect various information relating to your use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilise this information to:
- Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our website)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyse how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal data with affiliated companies, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing payments
- Processing invoices and HMRC record
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management.
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages.
If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
Website analytics. We use Google web analytics tools to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including the related pages you visit, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services.
The Google analytics been set to anonymise the IP address aspect so there is no requirement to request permission to set cookies in respect of Google analytics.
How you can access, update or delete your data.
To easily access, view, update, delete or port your personal data (where available), please contact email@example.com
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
How we secure, store and retain your data.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
Data Protection Authority.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority, Information Commissioner office by call the helpline on 0303 123 1113 (local rate – calls to this number cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers).
If you’re calling from outside the UK, you may not be able to use our 03 number, so please call +44 1625 545 700.
Further contact information is available at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
the right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used, and from whom we collect your personal data when we obtain it from other sources;
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances;
- the right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service
- the right to object to us processing your personal data (where we do so only because you
have consented, or because we are using automated means to make decisions that affect
- the right to withdraw your consent.
You only have the benefits of some of the above rights in limited circumstances, which depend on the legal reason why we collected your personal data.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us using the details below
In the alternative, you may contact us by either of the following means:
- By Mail:C & C Accountancy & Taxation Services Limited, 88 North Street Hornchurch, Essex RM11 1SR
- By Phone: 01708 471 442
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.